No Jim Cornette or Cary Silkin in attendance tonight.
Kevin Steen suffered a concussion at last night’s TV tapings in Baltimore so will not be wrestling tonight. He was scheduled to team up Jimmy Jacobs to take on Davey Richards and Kyle O’Reilly. As Steen says he hasn’t been cleared by the Athletic Commission, Richards comes out and says instead, he’ll take on Jacobs one-on-one in the main event.
1. Jay Lethal defeated Mike Mondo in 12:34 with the Hail To The King (top rope elbow drop). Said to be a fun little opening match.
2. The Bravados defeated Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team in 6:00 via a DQ after Charlie Haas pushed the referee. Match occurred after WGTT interrupted a Bravados promo.
3. World Tag Team Title match: All Night Express defeated WGTT by DQ in 8:12 after Haas hit Rhett Titus with one of the belts and got his team disqualified. ANX had came out to save the Bravados from a post-match beatdown.
4. Tommaso Ciampa defeated Adam Cole in 10:08 following a rollup with a handful of tights. Was said to be a good, but brief, match. Afterwards, Prince Nana tried to get Ciampa to attack Cole but he refused. Nana instead sent in Ernesto Osiris who subsequently got superkicked.
5. The Briscoes defeated The House of Truth. During the match, Jay Briscoe pulled down Truth Martini’s pants to reveal that he was wearing Roderick Strong’s trunks… Briscoes won after Elgin accidentally ran into Strong and Dem Boys hit the Doomsday Device on him for the win.
6. Chris Silvio & Paradyse beat Team A-1 in 16:06 after Silvio pinned Jeff Early. Silvio was said to have been the star in this one – surprisingly the longest match of the night.
7. Eddie Edwards defeated Mike Bennett in 13:53 after Bennett accidentally ran into Maria who was on the apron and allowed Edwards to win with a rollup. Was said to have been the match of the night.
8. Davey Richards defeated Jimmy Jacobs in 8:00 after making Jacobs tap to an anklelock. Steen and O’Reilly battled on the outside and the crowd was said to have been more interested in seeing that than the match.
9. Lights Out Match: Charlie Haas defeated Jay Briscoe in 11:00. During the bout, Jay double-stomped Haas through a table at ringside. Shelton Benjamin interfered as Jay was about to win which brought out Mark Briscoe. Mark put Shelton through a table but Haas hit a low blow on Jay for the win.
Click here to discuss this on our Ring of Honor forum!